Rinova Ltd is a social enterprise that specialises in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of VET programmes, with a specialism in terms of the interface between vocational education and training, employment, employability, enterprise and cultural learning.
Rinova and its leading staff bring some 25 years of experience in the lifelong learning sector in the UK and Europe, and an extensive portfolio of project work in relation to learning design, quality assurance, evaluation and EU transnational projects. Its Director has published a range of studies, project evaluations, assessments and learning materials, with a particular emphasis on labour market adaption and social inclusion. He has undertaken development work on Transnational Projects since 1993 (see CV below).
Rinova directly employs some 20 staff and associate trainers and advisers, and also co-ordinates a VET Consortium (see www.rinova.co.uk/rinova-consortium) of London-based VET organisations (Further Education Colleges, NGOs and non-profit organisations, independent and private providers, enterprise agencies) that are supporting young people and adults into employment, education and new business creation.
Rinova works in partnership with the private sector, education, civil society organisations and the public sector to bring to life real solutions in employment and labour markets. We have worked to improve the sustainable employment and business creation of a wide range of groups in the labour market for over 25 years. Our experience dates back to the employment schemes set up by the UK Manpower Services Commission, through local, regional, national and European employment initiatives developed by TECs/LSCs, RDAs and Government departments; through to the present day through programmes funded by the Skills Funding Agency, ESF, the Department for Work, London Councils and the Greater London Authority.
Rinova is currently delivering, through its coordination of its consortium network and directly, skills and learning provision for over 3,000 participants in London through the following programmes:
- Developing the successful pan London Business Start-up Loans consortium, led by North London Community Finance
- Skills Support for the Unemployed – a major €2m VET programme for 750 unemployed adults across East London, involving 14 Colleges, learning institutes and guidance organisations
- With London Councils and Enterprise Enfield – two major training and employment programmes for 250 unemployed and workless adults
- Implementing ‘Transition’, a €2m programme for 600 young unemployed adults with the Lifelong Learning service of the London Borough of Wandsworth and a partnership network across South West London
- New pilot Apprenticeship initiatives for those aged both 16-18 and 19+ across a range of vocational areas
- Talent Match London – an innovative UK Big Lottery Funded 5-year, €12m programme of enterprising skills, designed by young adults aged 18-25, led by London Youth through two partnerships in North London with Collage Arts and across London with the Princes Trust The successful ‘aspire2.be’ €2.5m pan-London pre-apprenticeship programme, with ten partners delivering support to over 800 young people NEET, sponsored by the UK Skills Funding Agency;